Disclaimer

Nothing expressed here reflects the opinions of the Peace Corps or the U.S. government. I say this in part to protect them from getting blamed for anything I might say, but also to keep them from stealing my jokes.

Saturday, September 7, 2013

let me paint a picture for you

A woman in my village has started a business selling baby hats. Let me say that again: baby hats. And these are not just any typical, functional baby hats to protect from cold and sun – these are glittering, decorative caps for the discerning infant, meant to be perched jauntily on a little head for pure STYLE. And business is booming. Many of the wealthier babies in my village can now be seen wearing tiny top hats in vibrant shades of red and purple, bedazzled in sequins and feathers.

It is so great I almost can’t handle it.
That is all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment